The Funelephant Forums!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

The Forums are currently Read-Only except for Mods & admin. These forums are closing down, but don't worry! We created a new forum, with more features! They are almost ready. We know it's hard to transition, but it's for the best! :D New Forums are here!

Adverts

Adverts

#1 Sunday, June 17, 2012 02:55:20

Mokat
FunCoinz: 142
Bank: 0

Tips for having a Successful Forum Shop

I thought I would give you some tips on making a successful signature shop. :) I'll try to keep this as short as possible. :P So let's get started!! :D

Contents:
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Shop Ideas
Section 3: Opening Up the Forum Shop
Section 4 How to get people to buy your services or items
Section 5 How to request something from someone else

SECTION 1
Have you ever wanted to make your own forum shop, but just don't know how? Don't worry. Just read through this guide (or skim through it :P) and soon you'll be able to make your own successful forum shop! :)

SECTION 2
Remember, for a forum shop you can't have anything too complicated, like user123's Custom PunBB-Hosting Forum shop, because that will take way too long to make, and not many people want someone else to create a PunBB-Hosting forum for them. ;)
Signature shops are a good idea, but are pretty common. If you're going to have a signature shop, make sure you have something to distinguish it from all the other signature shops out there, like "abc123's Glitter signatures" or "54321's 3D signatures!" Both of them are different than just "bob1234567890's signature shop" or even "qwerty's animated signatures".
Having a special service, like advertising, is also good, because many people on these forums have a Scratch or Youtube account, or a forum/blog that they would like advertised. You could have a user donate 10 coins to you if you will advertise their blog in your Scratch signature.
I have only given you two ideas, but that doesn't mean you're limited to ideas. The possibilities are endless. :cool:

SECTION 3
Now that you have an idea, you probably want to get started right away. WHOA WHOA WHOA! Don't press the "Post New Topic" link right away! First you need to plan. Get a general idea of the shop. If you are going to use the "Donate" function to have users 'pay' you, first think about the cost. Make sure the price is reasonable. If you're having a signature shop or icon shop, make a few sample signatures or icons to show people what you can do.

Now that you've done that, go ahead and post the topic!! :)
SECTION 4
It's all about advertising. You can post a link in your signature. You can post a topic about your shop. Whatever you do, DON'T spam. Spamming may even discourage users from purchasing something from your shop.

SECTION 5
Just be descriptive! If the user asks for certain info about what you're requesting, give them that info and maybe even a little more. Don't be afraid to tell the shop owner if your item doesn't turn out as you were hoping. It helps them improve it!! :)

Now that you've read through this guide (or at least skimmed it) now you will be a pro at opening forum shops and requesting things. good luck!! :)
~Mokat

Don't tell me to get a life-- Everyone knows that's never gonna happen. :P

Sunday, June 17, 2012 02:55:20

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 Sunday, June 17, 2012 03:01:22

AllDayKade28471
Outstanding Member
FunCoinz: 114
Bank: 21
Re: Tips for having a Successful Forum Shop

Sweet Topic! I stickied. ;)